Sunday, September 22, 2013

Question Answers


Hi Third Grade Eagle Enrichment!  It is so great to get a message from you all and be able to answer your questions.  Here are my answers and some pictures to go along.

1. Where do you sleep? In your tent?  Luckily this month I am not sleeping in my tent.  We are stay in a very nice building with beds and bathrooms.  I am sharing my room with the other four girls on my team.  The biggest difference from home is that we do not have air conditioners; instead we just keep the windows open and have fans to keep us cool.


2. What is the weather like?  It is rainy season here in the Philippines.  So, that means it rains at some point everyday.  When it is not raining it is very hot and humid, a lot like Louisiana in the summer.  We are experience really heavy rain right now because there is a typhoon in the ocean between China and the Philippines.
Questions: What is a typhoon? Is it like a hurricane?

3. Have you made new friends in Manila? I have been meeting and making many new friends in Manila.  The pictures below are of some of the students I have been tutoring at the local school and playing with at a children’s home.  I have also included a picture of my team at the top of the second picture.  My team is who came with me from the United States and will be staying with me through out the trip. 


4. Are you learning another language?   The language in the Philippines is Tagalog.  I have not had to learn a lot of the language because many of the people here speak English.  It is a beautiful language and I love listening to the people speak.  A girl in the second grade named Viance did share with me a few words so that I could share them with you.  Now luckily you have three teachers at Audubon that are from the Philippines and I bet they know Tagalog.


Thank you for the questions and please keep them coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment